Sunday, February 28, 2010

I just had a great idea for a blog:

a blog in which every post is just an apology for how long it's been since the last post.

I've been a bit out of my mind the past week: visiting Principal Investigators, data collection, preparing for WAY BIGGER data collection, filing for human subjects research clearance, writing surveys... living the dream. Aaaaand it's looking like it's gonna keep up at this pace (or more) through at least mid-April.

On the up-side, the rain has been awesome lately! Well, as long as I'm not boda-boda-ing around town to meetings all day. That gets interesting. Nothing says "professional" quite like walking into a meeting looking like a drowned rat in a trashbag. Keeping it classy, representing the muzungus (actually, "bazungu" for more than one "muzungu").

And in lieu of more substance... look! It's me working!

Frantically putting together all the materials my research team needed to get out to the field a few weeks ago. Notice the massive pile of things I screwed up on the floor.

Aaaaand Daniel tells a senior economist of the Boston Federal Reserve bank How It is:
Cool guy! We ran and drank beers and survey-pretested and survey-designed together.

*Note: I have trimmed both hair and beard since these pictures. The beard's grown back though. You may know me as Mountain Man Ugandaniel.

Aaaanyway. Off to bed for me. Maybe to Gulu (in the north) next week to do some more survey pretesting... hopefully. It would be nice to get the hell outta Kampala for a minute or two! My developing black lung could stand a day or two off.

No comments:

Post a Comment